Dear friends, neighbors, and fellow parents of SMMUSD school children,
As we all grapple with this evolving hardship, I ask myself daily, how I can best serve my school-aged children during the current SMMUSD closure? You may be wondering the same. Both parents in our family work, yet and our kids still need to study, be supervised, and have limited social exposure.
Within the next few days, my 3rd-grade daughter will be gathering in a room at the Conservatory with 1 to 3 friends at her age and grade level. They will enjoy half and/or full-day. Semi-Private Tutoring in all academic subjects contained in each Home Learning Plan (HLP). Additionally, she and some friends will receive music instruction. Conservatory staff are professionals and many hold Master’s and Doctoral degrees, mostly from USC and UCLA. They will be stepping in to support student learning during this unusual and challenging time.
If you are interested in hearing more about The Conservatory’s solution to possibly meet your family’s needs, please read on.
- We realize these are very personal decisions and this concept is not for everyone.
- We believe this option would work best for parents who are already semi or fully quarantined and working from home.
- We welcome pre-made groups that might be organically evolving and attempting to work out details and logistics.
Safety Guidelines and Information Include:
- Maximum 4 children per teacher
- Hourly hand washing
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers located throughout
- Staggered snack and lunch breaks
- Consistent group monitoring of student’s general well-being
- Room configurations providing each student with personal space
- White Boards for Distance reading
- Hourly wipe down of door handles, handrails, countertops, tabletops, restroom, drinking fountain and musical instruments
- Request that teachers use personal transportation only, for the duration, and to have very limited to no exposure at home
- Daily parental sign in
- Agreement to daily temperature check for self and student within one hour of accessing Conservatory
- Avoiding Conservatory if the temperature is beyond the normal range
Options/Costs: Click here for Registration
- Full Week/Full day (9am-3pm) – $350/week
- Full Week/Half-day – Morning Session (9am-12pm) – $200/week
- Full Week/Half-day – Afternoon Session (12pm-3pm) – $200/week
- Single Day – $100
- Single Half Day – $50
The Conservatory is located at 1501 Colorado Ave in Santa Monica
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.576.3600 for more information, and above all, remain strong.
Warmest regards from your friends at the Santa Monica Conservatory of Music.
Founder | Director